Data Provider Settings
Data provider settings define periods of refreshing data, refresh intervals, and auth providers.
You can use Data Provider Manager to configure provider settings.
Also, you can change data provider settings directly in the provider configuration files, like YahooFinanceQuotes.dll.config, in the DataProviders subdirectory.
The default installation folder is %ProgramFiles%\Gartle\RealTimeToExcel.
Yahoo! Finance Data Provider Settings
See Yahoo! Query Language at https://developer.yahoo.com/ to learn usage limits before the changes.
In short, this is 1000 calls per hour. Note that all Yahoo! Finance data providers connect to the single Yahoo! web service.
So, if you use two data providers, you must divide 1000 calls by two to get the available watched stock number.
For example, you watch stocks using 2 data providers. You can watch 1000 / 2 = 500 stocks with the one-hour refresh interval.
If you want to refresh the data twice an hour, divide the number by 2. In this example, your limit is 250 stocks.
The FAQ also contains the recommended limit as 0.2 calls per second. But, one call per second is quite good when the 1000 calls per hour limit are kept.
Data Provider Configuration Parameters
- This time value defines the interval of row data refreshing.
The default value is 01:00:00, one hour.
- This integer value defines the interval between requests to a data source server, in milliseconds.
The default value is 1000, one second.
- This time value defines the time when the data source server starts publishing data.
For example, this is 09:50:00 -05:00 for free 20-minute delayed Yahoo! Finance data from US exchanges.
The default value is 00:00:00 -05:00.
- This time value defines the time when the data source server ends publishing data.
For example, this is 16:20:00 -05:00 for free 20-minute delayed Yahoo! Finance data from US exchanges.
The default value is 24:00:00 -05:00.
- This time value defines the latest time when today's data can be loaded.
For example, this is 24:00:00 -05:00 for free 20-minute delayed Yahoo! Finance data from US exchanges.
This is the default value.
- This integer value defines the behavior of data loading on Saturday:
0 - Load data as for other working days.
1 - Load Friday's data once.
2 - Do not load the data.
The default value is 1.
- This integer value defines the behavior of data loading on Sunday and has the same values as LoadOnSaturday.
- This string value defines a provider used to authenticate requests. "Yahoo" specifies the Yahoo! API Key.