Version History of RTD.DB
Version 5.17, March 22, 2021
- RTD.DB includes the AutoUpdate tool to check and install updates.
Use Help, Check Updates to launch the wizard manually.
- RTD.DB supports PostgreSQL ODBC drivers.
Install psqlodbc_13 to work with PostgreSQL 13.
Visit https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/ to download the drivers.
- RTD.DB compiled for .NET Framework 4.6.2.
- PostgreSQL database scripts contain IF NOT EXIST rules for indexes.
- The configuration editor has a log page.
- RTD.DB includes an updated PostgreSQL .NET provider.
- RTD.DB embeds language files.
- RTD.DB raises DateTime and TimeSpan conversion exceptions with old ODBC providers.
- The configuration editor raises an exception on pasting values to empty tables.
Version 5.16, June 30, 2020
- The registration wizard raises NullReferenceException.
Version 5.15, May 7, 2020
- RTD.DB supports new application settings to define decimal and group separators in the following format:
Here is a sample for Thinkorswim DDE:
<add key="TosDecimalSeparator" value="." />
<add key="TosGroupSeparator" value="," />
- RTD.DB saves NaN as NULL.
Version 5.14, February 28, 2020
- Database templates include updated tables for Thinkorswim via DDE
and SQL scripts that allow converting RTD formulas to DDE and back.
We recommend using Thinkorswim via DDE instead of RTD to prevent possible crashes when loading data for more than 500 tickers.
Thinkorswim via DDE allows loading any number of tickers (using cycling).
- Improved registration wizard
- Improved activation in a virtual environment
Version 5.13, September 17, 2018
- New application setting <RTD Server>MaxTotalTopics.
This option defines the maximum number of topics created for the RTD server.
When RTD.DB requires more topics, it restarts the RTD client.
This option addresses the bug of Thinkorswim TOS.RTD that allows creating about 200000 topics
and then raises the 'pure virtual function call' exception.
Here is the recommended settings for Thinkorswim:
<add key="tos.rtdMaxTotalTopics" value="100000"/>
<add key="tos.rtdMaxUpdateRows" value="500"/>
<add key="tos.rtdMinUpdateTime" value="5000"/>
<add key="tos.rtdMaxUpdateTime" value="10000"/>
<add key="tos.rtdIsDynamicCalls" value="False"/>
Set tos.rtdIsDynamicCalls = True if you have no installed Microsoft Excel.
- NullReference exception in the Configuration Editor.
Version 5.11, June 22, 2018
The free RTD.DB edition is no longer available.
Existing users of the free edition can continue use it.
Version 5.10, May 24, 2018
- Updated Product Registration Wizard
Version 5.9, March 26, 2018
- New RTD.DB Database Configuration Editor allows editing database tables.
- New Symbol Helper allows extracting stock and option symbols from RTD formulas and web pages.
For example, you can copy Excel formulas from Thinkorswim and paste it into the application.
- SQLite support.
- RTD.DB embeds SQLite and Microsoft SQL Server Compact databases.
You can try these databases first and then create the target database in SQL Server, MySQL, or another supported database platform.
You can use SQLite ODBC driver to load data from the SQLite database.
Also, we recommend using the free Database .NET application to manage databases and select data.
You can download the tool at https://fishcodelib.com/Database.htm.
- New functions to get 30-minute data: DateTime30 and Time30.
- Redesigned RTD databases.
Databases for Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Compact use lowercase names to be completely compatible with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
The real_time_tables and RealTimeFormulas tables have new names: real_time_tables and real_time_formulas.
Databases include more templates for Thinkorswim data including tables for data updated every second.
- RTD.DB uses notepad.exe as a default configuration file editor and launches it with administrator privileges if required.
You can change the editor using the ConfigurationFileEditor application setting.
Version 5.8, March 12, 2018
- Improved Thinkorswim default application settings.
- Improved Thinkorswim default field settings.
- Fixed empty values of the FrontExpectedMove, BackExpectedMove, and ExpectedMoveDiff fields in Thinkorswim.
Version 5.7, February 7, 2018
- Updated Product Registration Wizard
Version 5.6, November 3, 2017
- Registration wizard WebException in the offline mode
Version 5.5, August 22, 2017
- Changed .NET platform from .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile to .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Changes in requirements for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Removed support of Windows XP.
- Removed support of SQL Server 2000.
- Removed support of MySQL 5.0, 5.1, 5.2.
- Removed support of MariaDB 5.1, 5.2, 5.3.
- Issues with registering products.
Version 5.4, August 1, 2017
- Azure Active Directory integrated authentication
- Azure Active Directory password authentication
Version 5.3, July 5, 2017
- Updated registration wizard
- Updated installer
- Wrong ticker limits in RTD.DB Personal
Version 5.2, May 31, 2017
- Updated installer
- Updated documentation
Version 5.1, May 11, 2017
- Support of ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server
- Improved Spanish translation
- Improved documentation
Version 5.0, May 1, 2017
RTD.DB 5.0 is a major upgrade of RealTimeToDB.
The new name reflects the main application role, saving data from RTD and DDE servers to databases.
Existing users can install RTD.DB as a new product, test it and purchase the upgrade. See upgrade notes.
RTD.DB has a new free edition that allows getting data for 10 tickers.
Paid editions have a new simplified model of limits. The Personal and Standard editions have increased limits of updated rows.
See Edition Comparison.
The trial period is changed from 30 days to 15 days. Registration is required to start a trial.
RTD.DB is available as a subscription.
Major upgrades become paid. You can purchase Upgrade Warranty with new purchases to get major upgrades for free.
- Redesigned RTD database. See Database Templates.
- Rewritten documentation. Please read Concept and Configuring Tables.
- You can use OCC option codes like AAPL180119C0015000 in ticker tables for Thinkorswim Desktop.
The application converts option codes to the Thinkorswim format like .AAPL180119C150 automatically.
- Expired option codes loaded from ticker tables are ignored.
RTD.DB does not include the default SQL Server Compact database with activated RealTimeToExcel.
The RTD.DB setup package does not install RealTimeToExcel and related menu topics.
We made this change as the most of the product users use SQL Server and MySQL databases, loading data from trading platforms like Thinkorswim or Trader Workstation and paid data sources from vendors like eSignal or Bloomberg.
The newest RTD.DB version has a clear database structure and a clear concept to implement such tasks with fewer efforts.
You can still use your SQL CE database, or create a new one, and to install RealTimeToExcel separately.